Goldman Sachs Online Banking | Goldman Sachs Bank | Goldman Sachs London at www.goldmansachs.com/
Goldman Sachs Group is an American multinational holding Company which engages in investment banking, securities underwriting and dealing, asset management, trading, and other activities through a variety of subsidiaries in the United States and overseas.
The group has a market capitalization of $73 Billion and asset worth $861.39 Billion. It is ranked 77 on Forbes Global 2000 2016 list. Goldman Sachs Group is headquartered in New York.
For Goldman Sachs Online Banking and login click here or visit www.goldmansachs.com/.
- Products and Services
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Principal Subsidiaries
- Bank’s Website
History Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs Group was founded in 1869 by Marcus Goldman. He was later joined in 1882 by his son-in-law Samuel Sachs and in 1885 by his son Henry and son-in-law Ludwig Dreyfuss. The firm traded under the name Goldman, Sachs & Co.
The bank had a very modest beginning. They built their business by issuing commercial papers. They were ready to take retailers as investment banking clients when big firms like JP Morgan turned up their noses up at doing business with retail clients.
The big firms thought that investment banking should be limited to big Industries or corporation, on the other hand, the Goldman Sachs was willing to take that business and that sector of the economy grew rapidly over the years.
The Goldsman Sachs grew with their retail clients and branched out to other financial services for institutions, corporate clients
Products and Services of Goldman Sachs
Products and services offered by Goldman Sachs includes
- Asset Management
- Commercial Banking
- Investment Banking
- Investment management
- Mutual funds
- Prime Brokerage
Mergers and Acquisitions Goldman Sachs
1981 – Goldman acquired J. Aron & Company
1999 – Goldman acquired Hull Trading Company
2000 – Goldman acquired Spear, Leeds, & Kellogg
2003 – Goldman acquired 45% stake in a joint venture with JBWere, the Australian investment bank
2015 – Goldman Sachs acquired General Electric Co.’s GE Capital Bank on-line deposit platform
Principal Subsidiaries of Goldman Sachs
- Goldman, Sachs & Co.;
- Goldman Sachs (Asia) Finance Holdings L.L.C.;
- The Goldman Sachs (Asia) Finance (Mauritius);
- Goldman Sachs (United Kingdom) L.L.C.;
- Goldman Sachs Group Holdings (United Kingdom);
- Goldman Sachs Holdings (United Kingdom);
- The Goldman Sachs International (United Kingdom);
- GS Financial Services L.P.;
- Goldman Sachs Capital Markets, L.P.;
- Goldman Sachs (Japan) Ltd.;
- Aron Holdings, L.P.;
- Aron & Company;
- Goldman Sachs Mortgage Company;
- The Goldman Sachs Credit Partners L.P.;
- Goldman Sachs Holdings (Netherlands) B.V.;
- Goldman Sachs Mitsui Marine Derivative Products,
- The L.P.; Goldman Sachs (Cayman) Holding Company;
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. oHG (Germany);
- Goldman Sachs Financial Markets, L.P.;
- GS Hull Holding, Inc.;
- The Hull Group, L.L.C.;
- SLK LLC; Spear, Leeds & Kellogg, L.P.;
- SLK Holdings Inc.;
- First Options of Chicago, Inc.
Bank’s Website | Goldman Sachs Online Banking