Mizuho Bank India | Mizuho Bank Nyc | Mizuho Bank London At www.mizuhobank.com
Mizuho Financial Group is a bank holding company which manages and engages in ancillary operations related to the management of its legally–owned subsidiaries as defined by the Japanese Banking Act.
The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides domestic and international financial services such as banking, trust banking, securities, and other businesses in Japan and other countries.
As of May 2016, the bank boasted of a market capitalization of $ 40.7 Billion and assets worth $1,625.48 Billion. The company is rated 106 on Forbes global 2000. Mizuho Financial Group was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan
To access Mizuho bank official website, click here.
- Products and Services
- Mizuho Global E – Banking
- Smart Folio
- Deals and Acquisitions
- Bank’s Website
History Of Mizuho Bank
The history of Mizuho Financial Group can be traced to 1873 when Dai-ichi Bank, the oldest national bank in Japan was established. The Dai-ichi Bank later merged with Fuji Bank, and the Industrial Bank of Japan to form Mizuho Holdings Inc.
In 2003, Mizuho Financial Group was established to become a parent company to Mizuho Holdings Inc. In the same year, Mizuho Financial Group took over virtually all the operations of Mizuho Holdings Inc and by 2005, Mizuho Holdings, no longer a bank holding company, was renamed Mizuho Financial Strategy, which now focuses on providing advisory services.
Products and Services of Mizuho bank
Its activities include streamlining group management functions, creating synergies across various business fields and capabilities, and leveraging the defining strengths and characteristics of the Mizuho group. Mizuho Financial Group, Inc operates through the following segments: Mizuho Bank Ltd. (MHKB), Mizuho Trust & Banking Co., Ltd. (MHTB), and Mizuho Securities Co., Ltd. (MHSC).
The MHBK segment includes Personal Banking; Retail Banking; Corporate Banking (Large Corporations); Corporate Banking; Financial Institutions & Public Sector Business; International Banking, and Trading and others.
The MHTB segment provides products and services related to trust, real estate, securitization and structured finance, pension and asset management, and stock transfers. The MHSC segment provides securities services to corporations, financial institutions, public sector entities, and individuals.
The MHBK provides financial products and services such as housing loans, deposits, investment trusts and individual insurance to individual customers under the personal banking segment.
Under the retail banking segment, the MHBK provides overall banking services for Small and medium scale enterprises. The MHBK through other segments provides financial products and services ranging from advisory services and solutions to project finance and trade finance for overseas customers.
Mizuho Global E – Banking
This service allows customers to access the latest information about accounts they hold with Mizuho offices located overseas, to access information relating to various transactions at overseas Mizuho offices, such as balances. Others are due dates, and conditions, to make online requests for transfers of funds to Japan and other countries, and also to exchange messages with Mizuho offices that hold their accounts and with Mizuho Global e-Banking customer support “Help Desk”.
Mizuho global e – banking can be accessed via the internet and the 24-hour customer care service is available both in Japanese and English language.
Mizuho Bank Smart Folio
Smart Folio is a coined word combining smart and portfolio. It is an advisory service launched by Mizuho bank to support asset formations of customers, and suggestions through risk distributed asset structure. This service offers high-quality information about investment trust portfolios based on customers’ risk tolerance by utilizing the cutting-edge financial technology. Features of Smart Folio include;
- Providing advice on investment methods used by professional investors
- Proposing investment trust portfolios according to customers’ information including age, annual earnings, financial knowledge, etc.
- Providing asset management advice from a neutral point of view
- Offering high-quality portfolio with the lowest cost
- Providing 2 minutes quick and free check for everybody (available from both PC and Smartphone)
Deals and Acquisitions
- 2008 – Mizuho Corporate Bank Ltd acquired 100% of the issued and outstanding shares of Michinoku Bank (Moscow) from Michinoku Bank.
- 2011 – Mizuho Corporate Bank Ltd acquires 95 percent stake in Eurekahedge Pte Ltd
- 2012 – Mizuho Corporate Bank Ltd acquired 100% of the issued and outstanding shares of Banco WestLB do Brasil S.A.
- 2013 – Mizuho Bank Ltd and Mizuho Corporate Bank Ltd merged to establish a newMizuho Bank, Ltd. (MHBK).
- 2015 – Mizuho Bank, Ltd. acquires 16% stake in Matthews International Capital Management, LLC
- 2016 – Mizuho Securities USA Inc. raised its position in shares of Johnson & Johnson by 414.9%
Mizuho Bank’s Website