Morgan Stanley Bank | Morgan Stanley login at www.morganstanley.com/
Morgan Stanley is an American multinational financial services corporation. It is headquartered in Morgan Stanley Building, Midtown Manhattan, New York City.
It is one of the world’s largest financial firms. Morgan Stanley was ranked 86 on Forbes global 2000 2016 list. As of May 2016, the bank boasted of a market capitalization of $53.7 Billion and assets worth $807.72 Billion.
The bank has over 56000 employees and operates in over 43 countries.
For Morgan Stanley login Click here or visit www.morganstanley.com/
- Products and Services
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Principal Subsidiaries
- Bank’s Website
History of Morgan Stanley Bank
Morgan Stanley was one of the four investment banks that for decades ruled on Wall Street (with Lehman Brothers, Merril Lynch and JPMorgan Chase).
The corporation, founded by Henry S. Morgan (grandson of J.P. Morgan) and Harold Stanley, came into existence in 1935.
Morgan Stanley traces its roots in the history of J.P. Morgan & Co. Following the Glass–Steagall Act, it was no longer possible for a corporation to have banking and commercial banking businesses under a single holding entity.
J.P. Morgan & Co. chose the commercial banking business over the investment banking business. Henry S. Morgan, Harold Stanley, and others left J.P. Morgan and Co in 1935 to form an investment Banking firm of Morgan Stanley.
The Firm formally opened its doors for business on the 16th of September 1935. The firm joined the New York exchange in 1942 and was publicly listed on New York Stock Exchange in 1986.
Products and Services
Morgan Stanley engages in the provision of investment banking products and services to its clients and customers including corporations, governments, financial institutions, and individuals.
It operates through the following segments: Institutional Securities, complete Wealth Management, as well as Investment Management. The Institutional Services segment provides financial advisory, capital raising services, and related financing services on behalf of institutional investors.
The Wealth Management segment offers brokerage and investment advisory services covering various types of investments. They include; equities, fixed-income securities. Foreign currencies, options, futures, structured products, alternative investments, unit investment trusts, managed futures, separately managed accounts precious metals. The rest are mutual funds and mutual fund asset allocation programs.
The Investment Management segment provides equity, alternative investments, fixed income, real estate, and merchant banking strategies.
Mergers and Acquisitions
1999 – The bank acquired AB Asesores, Spain’s largest financial service firm
2004 – Morgan Stanley –led consortium acquired Canary Wharf Group
2005 – Morgan Stanley established the equity securities joint ventures with Rand Merchant Bank
2006 – Morgan Stanley acquire Nan Tung Bank in China
2009 – Morgan Stanley acquired Smith Barney from Citigroup
The present stock price of Morgan Stanley is: MS (NYSE) US$43.12 -0.73 (-1.66%)
- Miller Anderson & Sherrerd, LLP;
- Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated;
- Morgan Stanley Asset Management, Inc.;
- Morgan Stanley Capital Group Inc.;
- The Morgan Stanley International Inc.;
- Morgan Stanley Realty, Inc.;
- Morgan Stanley Australia Ltd.;
- Morgan Stanley do Brasil Ltd.;
- The Morgan Stanley Canada Ltd.;
- China International Capital Corp. (35%);
- Morgan Stanley Asia Ltd. (China);
- The Morgan Stanley SA (France);
- Morgan Stanley Bank AG (Germany);
- Morgan Stanley Asia Ltd. (Hong Kong);
- Banca Morgan Stanley Spa (Italy);
- Morgan Stanley India;
- Morgan Stanley Japan Ltd.;
- Morgan Stanley Bank Luxembourg;
- The Morgan Stanley México Casa de Bolsa, S.A. de C.V.;
- The Morgan Stanley (Europe) Ltd. (Russia);
- Morgan Stanley Asset Management (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.;
- Morgan Stanley South Africa (PTY) LTD;
- The Morgan Stanley & Co. (South Korea);
- Morgan Stanley & Co. Ltd. (Spain);
- Bank Morgan Stanley AG (Switzerland);
- Banque Morgan Stanley SA (Switzerland);
- Capital International Perspectives S.A. (Switzerland);
- Morgan Stanley Asia (Taiwan) Ltd.;
- Morgan Stanley UK Group
Contact | Morgan Stanley Helpline
Customer service Representative: 009 1 210-677-3652
Technical support And other Helps: 009 1 801-617-9150