Societe Generale Particuliers (“Socgen”) | Societe Generale Login At www.societegenerale.com
Société Générale (“SocGen”) is one of the oldest banks in France, dating back to 1864. The original name was Société Générale pour favoriser le développement du commerce et de l’industrie en France.
Societe Generale is a leading financial services group in Europe. The Group, which was founded in 1864, now has 146,000 employees from 122 different nationalities working in 66 countries around the world.
The group boasts of a market capitalization of $ 32.5 Billion and assets worth $1449.56 Billion. As of May 2016, the group was ranked 115 on Forbes global 2000. Societe Generale is headquartered in Paris.
For Societe Generale Login At www.societegenerale.com click here to visit the official home page.
- Products and Services
- Bank Cards
- Online Banking (BankOn Web)
- Benefits of BankOn Web
- Deals and Acquisitions
- Bank’s Websites
History of Societe Generale Particuliers
The history of Societe Generale dates back to 1864 when Napoleon III signed a decree authorizing the foundation of Société Générale as a limited company. By 1870 the bank had 15 branches in Paris and 32 in the French Provinces. By 1871 the bank set up a permanent office in London. From 1871 to 1893, France experienced a period of economic gloom marked by the failure of several banking establishments. Soc Gen continued to grow at a more moderate pace, with 148 outlets by 1889.
Today, it is one of the leading financial service groups in Europe, with more than 120,000 employees and 22.5m customers worldwide. It operates in retail banking and financial services, investment management and services , and corporate and investment banking.
Products and Services of Societe Generale
The Company’s core businesses are managed through three segments: French Retail Banking, International Retail Banking & Financial Services, and Global Banking and Investor Solutions. Its financial services include insurance, vehicle leasing and fleet management, and equipment and vendor finance.
Its subsidiary Lyxor Asset Management (Lyxor) offers investment products and services providing institutional clients with a selection of structured, index and alternative investment solutions.
Lyxor provides investors with investment solutions in order to diversify their allocation through the range of asset classes.
Other Products and Services offered by Société Générale include;
- Cash clearing services.
- Trade services.
- Cash management.
- Forex linked to transactions.
- Global Broker Dealer services.
- Dealing to custody services.
- Global and local custody.
- Post-trade OTC derivatives solutions.
- Collateral management programmes.
Societe Generale Bank Cards
- withdraw cash from ATMs 24/7: the amount withdrawn is debited from your account on a daily basis.
- make purchases in euros and other currencies, in stores and online, with the option of immediate or deferred debit.
- enjoy high-level assistance and insurance services.
In France, almost all transactions require you to enter your card’s strictly confidential pin code. Societe Generale is the only French bank that allows its customers to choose their own pin number.
Online Banking (BankOn Web) at www.societegenerale.com
BankOn Web is a system for banking via Internet, by which your accounts follow you all around the world, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week no matter if you are traveling, at home or at work.
To manage and follow up the status of your accounts in Societe Generale Expressbank, quickly, easily and in a comfortable way, you only need to have a computer with Internet connection.
Benefits of BankOn Web
- Save time and money– by performing all of your daily banking from your office and taking advantage of our beneficial tariffs
- Safety and Security – data transfer between your computer and the Bank’s server is fully protected by using a coded TLS line. Opportunity for additional authorization tool- SMS Code, token devices, and qualified electronic signature
- Confidentiality – Your username and password grant you full confidentiality while accessing the system
- Easy Access to your company’s accounts. All you need to do is log in your username and password. No need to memorize all of your bank accounts.
Deals and Acquisitions
- 1998 – Societe Generale acquired U.S. investment bank Cowen & Co.
- 2001 – Societe Generale acquired Los Angeles-based investment firm TCW Inc.
- 2013 – Societe Generale acquired the 50% stake of Credit Agricole over their jointly owned brokerage firm Newedge.
- 2014 – DBS Group Holdings Ltd., Southeast Asia’s biggest bank, acquired Societe Generale SA’s Asian private banking business.
- 2016 – Societe Generale acquired Kleinwort Benson in the UK and Kleinwort Benson Channel Islands Holdings Limited from Oddo & Cie.
- 2016 – China Minsheng Investment Corp acquired the French bank Societe Generale’s London headquarters office.
Best Banking Performer, France in 2016 by Global Brands Magazine Award.